Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day before take-off

I leave tomorrow and I've been running around like a crazy person getting the last minute details. I went to REI and got a new tent, an REI Half Dome 2 Tent and was told by an old head that instead of water tablets or an expensive filter I can just put some Chlorox Bleach in a visine bottle and add 1 drop for every quart of water. My pouch broke also so I'm at my mom's and am using some old scraps from my bag making days to make a new one. It looks like my mom wants to buy me a plane ticket to Philly since its not much more expensive than the Amtrak or Greyhound and is definitely a lot quicker.

Its a funny way to start this trip, from airplanes to the city to biking and camping. I guess its good to ease into the sense of being away from home for a long time. I've been preparing to leave for so long but now that its time to go, I don't feel prepared at all. I know that as soon as I'm on the road I'll be excited but for now I just have this mental to-do list that seems to never end. Next time I write I will probably be in Philadelphia!

No comments:

Post a Comment