Friday, October 22, 2010

Leaving for Mexico in 2.5 days!!

On Monday I leave for Mexico to work on a project with my good friend Bridge. We're doing a photodocumentary on Street Art in Chiapas and then going to Guatemala to work with and document Maya Pedal, an NGO that makes bicimaquinas. For more details, you should check out our fundraising video on kickstarter.com.

Follow our Squartzine Blog for updates and flickr page for photos while we're gone. I promise that they will be updated more than this blog (because Bridge is better at it than I am!)

I'm really exited to go though I'm a little bit nervous. This will be my first time traveling to Mexico. We have been practicing our Spanish but I still end up speaking in Italian half of the time. There have also been a lot of reports in the news about escalated violence, there were the recent mudslides, and a good friend informed me of some craziness going on around Maya Pedal. I figure that there is danger in everything and in a way, I would rather be around at a time of political upheaval where I can see firsthand what is going on. I can't wait to experience everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment